Sunday, November 7, 2010

falling leaves hide the path so quietly...



Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting
and autumn a mosaic of them all."
-   Stanley Horowitz
Nowadays Denmark is showing characteristics of autumn:
Falling leaves everywhere
Combination of brown and yellow on trees
Rainy weather
Windy weather
 Moreover, it is getting colder in Denmark and this morning I saw that all the grasses and puddles around were frozen and even the windows of cars, top of rubbish bins were covered with ice.  At nights the weather must be very cold and so as not to get cold nazlı and me are passing from school while coming back to our house at evenings. J (School as a warm and safe road). However, we cannot go our long walks at nights with Uğur, Nazlı and MüslümL
And now I don’t want to think about winter. ( cold and freezing)
Despite cold weather, the best side of autumn is nature’s being like a painting of a very famous painter. It makes me relaxing and I only saw this clear view of autumn on pictures and postcards before coming to Denmark. As a result I like autumn colors and being here in Autumn. But I don’t think same for winter especially for white dominance everywhere.:)
 




 AUTUMN COLOURS...


Glorious are the woods in their latest gold and crimson,
Yet our full-leaved willows are in the freshest green.
Such a kindly autumn, so mercifully dealing
With the growths of summer, I never yet have seen.
William Cullen Bryant
The Third of November.


Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment